About Us

shop69Lou Dupont, and his son Steven, have built a flourishing Auto Body business in Calgary based on the principal of “First Class or not at all”. We hope you enjoy looking back at our history as much as we did.

1969 – The Year it all began

Lou began his body shop in November of 1969, in a two stall facility with a small front office entrance.

1971 – What a difference!

By 1971, Lou had developed an image in Calgary, and his quality and service, along with renovations, improved his awareness in the community.

1999 to Present Day

Additions in 1976 and 1982 would bring the total shop area to 24,000 square feet, putting Lou’s among the largest repair facilities in Calgary. In 1988 Lou’s added our landmark rotating sign, easily spotted from 9th avenue or Blackfoot trail.

Our Staff

Steven Dupont

Steven Dupont

Owner & General Manager

Jerry Phongsa

Jerry Phongsa

Appraiser & Assistant Manager

Dorothy Sadler

Dorothy Sadler

Receptionist

Donna Albrechet

Donna Albrechet

Accounting

Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin

Appraiser

Steven Dupont

Steven Dupont

Owner & General Manager

Dorothy Sadler

Dorothy Sadler

Receptionist

Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin

Appraiser

Jerry Phongsa

Jerry Phongsa

Appraiser & Assistant Manager

Donna Albrechet

Donna Albrechet

Accounting

Lou Dupont

Lou Dupont

November 24, 1938 – March 19, 2012

In 1969, Lucien (Lou) Dupont started Lou’s Auto Body in Inglewood. Over the years it became a household name in Calgary and well known for it’s work and integrity. In his younger years, Lou loved dancing and music. He played the saxophone in his own band and also with “The Bowness Band”. In later years it gave him great pleasure to farm in the Airdrie area.